1. How/when did you get into the tanning industry?
In 1984, I was a farmer in Urbana, OH and farming was not going that great. A couple of guys I knew started selling SCA Tanning Beds and needed help installing them in tanning salons, so that is where it all began for me. In 1989, I went to work at (former industry distributor) Tan Systems. Heartland Tan bought Tan Systems in 2004 and I’ve been there ever since. The tanning industry has been pretty good to me!
2. What was your first job?
I was a dishwasher at Ponderosa SteakHouse in Columbus, OH.
3. What advice would you give your 17-year-old self?
I would tell him to stay focused – on what you are doing today and what you want to do in your future.
4. What is your favorite game or sport to watch or play?
I grew up near (legendary Ohio State coach) Woody Hayes, so I’m pretty dedicated to Buckeyes Football.
5. Name one of your biggest pet peeves.
I don’t get how some people can live without having a clean car and house, and a well-manicured yard.
6. Necessities aside, what one thing could you not go a day without?
Gotta have a cold beer!
7. How would your friends describe you?
I’m quite sure they’d say that I’m an all-around great guy!
Since 1997, IST Magazine (formerly known as Island Sun Times) has been committed to the success of salon professionals, while promoting the growth of the tanning industry as a whole.
Copyright 2020 ist Magazine