Semiletava Hanna / Shutterstock.com
News Flash: Tanning Beds in Health Clubs Remain a Popular but Dangerous Trend, New Research Says.
5. Fire Challenge: lighting oneself on fire
4. Backpack Challenge: running through a gauntlet dodging backpacks thrown at you
3. Salt & Ice Challenge: wetting skin, applying salt and then ice, resulting in topical burns
2. Cinnamon Challenge: ingest a tablespoon of the spice and try to hold it down
1. Snort a Condom Challenge: in through the nasal passage and out through the mouth
Team IST searches for erroneous, suspect or negative reporting by the media that adversely impacts the tanning industry. Reports such as these have plagued tanning businesses for decades. Although the media sources will seldom admit a falsehood and print a retraction, IST offers these well-crafted responses to the negative reports that can be shared with your customers and potential customers, alike.
A 26-year industry veteran, Joe has taught certified salon operator training for the last 15 years, as well as advocating indoor tanning in many capacities. Joe is a sought-after speaker and presenter at both national & regional trade events, also interacting with the FDA, state & local regulatory agencies. During his most recent tenure with the ITA, he served as director of membership.
Copyright 2016 ist Magazine